Lately, the platform economy and work mediated via digital platforms have garnered a lot of attention. In “platform work”, platforms serve as marketplaces for people who perform work and people who buy work performances. The subject is largely unknown to the general public and its terminology is not yet very well established. There are many ways of conceptualising what platform work is and how it changes work life. (See references)
Platforms and their practices change the way work is carried out and organised. That is why researchers, legislators, companies and third-sector actors alike are interested in it. There is a great need for information regarding platform work.
The purpose of this list is to survey the field of companies that mediate platform work in Finland. The list is aimed at finding and identifying platform companies that mediate work, and either are Finnish or operate in Finland. The list is not a comprehensive description of platform work carried out in Finland or its scope but is rather intended to offer information on the number and type of companies in Finland that mediate platform work.
This survey is part of the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health’s Fair work on platforms – Reita study project which studies and promotes fairness of platform work in Finland.
You are welcome to complement the list!
New platform companies are constantly being established. That is why we would like to invite you to participate in completing the list. If you know of any companies that might match the criteria below but are not included in the list, please submit your proposal to Jere Immonen using the email address below. As the list is still only a prototype, we also warmly welcome suggestions on how to improve the list, its criteria and information content. We complement and modify the list approximately every six months.
Criteria for platform companies included in the list:
- There are at least three parties that participate in mediating work: the platform company, the buyer and the party that offers work.
- The platform company has a digital platform for mediating and managing gigs, projects or fixed-term employment contracts.
- Management can refer to digital assessment mechanisms, selecting the party to carry out the work with the help of an algorithm or using the platform for contacting and managing financial transactions.
- Mediating and managing work constitutes the platform company’s business or a part of it.
- Mere job-seeking sites or open profiles for marketing skills do not meet the criteria for managing gigs.
- The platform companies are situated between the party that offers work and the buyer. This does not include communications and content management systems internal to a work organization.
- The parties offering work can also be employed by the platform company. For example, temporary work agencies that employ digital platforms to manage the work are included in the list.
- Anyone can apply to use the platform to offer or buy work. However, the platform company can impose limits on who is listed.
- The mediated service is the work performance.
- Not the sale of goods or rental of an apartment or vehicle.
- The company or a part of the group of companies is registered in Finland or the company has operations specific to Finland.
- International platform companies must have a subsidiary in Finland or operate locally in Finland.
List of platform companies that mediate work
|Company||Business ID||Sector (Eurofound)|
|2||Bolt.Works Oy||2041555-3||Construction and maintenance services|
|3||BuilderBOT (Jakoa Enterprises Oy)||3001890-6||Construction and maintenance services|
|4||Cabo (Ridesolutions Oy)||3113149-2||Transport services|
|6||EarlyBird (Early Bird Oy)||0680428-8||Transport services|
|7||Extranet (Henkilöstöratkaisu Extraajat Oy)||2490480-5||Professional services|
|8||Ework (eWork Group Finland Oy)||1868289-8||Professional services|
|9||Ferovalo Oy||2763172-6||Professional services|
|10||Fiuge Oy||2934328-5||Transport services|
|11||Foodora (Delivery Hero Finland Oy) (Delivery Hero Finland Logistics Oy)||1936684-6 (2435555-1)||Transport services|
|12||FoxDo Oy||2956854-8||Construction and maintenance services|
|13||Free-Talent Oy||2908044-6||Household services Professional services|
|14||Gikker (Pocket Manager Finland Oy)||3014372-3||Professional services|
|15||Gixon (Libera la musica Oy)||2830471-9||Professional services|
|16||Helpdor Oy||2844881-9||Household services Construction and maintenance services Transport services|
|17||HR Commercial Community (co4.work Oy)||3169942-4||Professional services|
|19||Kjelp Oy||2914918-3||Construction and maintenance services|
|20||Kodinpro (Easoft KodinPro Oy)||2914345-1||Construction and maintenance services|
|21||Kodinplaza (Business Brothers Finland Oy)||2640348-1||Construction and maintenance services|
|22||Koiruliini Oy||3222681-3||Professional services Household services|
|23||Konkari (Nextmile Oy)||3223297-3||Professional services|
|24||Lakiareena (Suomalainen lakipalveluyhtiö OY)||2849465-5||Professional services|
|25||Lääkäri.chat (Carecode Oy)||2622569-7||Professional services|
|26||Maj (MAJ works Oy)||2778536-2||Professional services Household services|
|27||Matchmade (Shark Punch Oy)||2618428-2||Professional services|
|28||Minduu (AtCare Oy)||2482860-3||Professional services|
|29||Moppi (Free Media Lab Oy)||1595645-1||Household services|
|30||Muuttomaailma (Alma Mediapartners Oy)||2307556-6||Transport services|
|31||MyXline (Miwotec Oy)||2285641-6||Transport services|
|32||Nerot.fi (Somella Oy)||2440368-0||Professional services|
|33||Semantix Finland Oy||0836525-8||Professional services|
|34||Seure Henkilöstöpalvelut Oy||0800415-3||Professional services|
|36||Solved - The Cleantech Company Oy||2541349-3||Professional services|
|37||Somessa Oy ab||2595233-1||Professional services|
|38||Timma Oy||2412479-6||Professional services|
|39||Transfluent Oy||2147448-3||Professional services|
|40||Treamer (Treamer Finland Oy) (Treamer Oy)||2824489-1 (2699312-7)||Professional services|
|41||Tulka Oy||2757909-1||Professional services|
|42||Työntekijöitä.fi (SLP Group Oy)||2485076-3||Household services Professional services Construction and maintenance services|
|43||Uber Finland Oy||2636362-7||Transport services|
|44||Urakkamaailma (Alma Mediapartners Oy)||2307556-6||Construction and maintenance services|
|45||Valokuvaajat.fi (Polarico Oy)||2490890-2||Professional services|
|46||Wolt (Wolt Enterprises Oy)||2646674-9||Transport services|
|47||Work Pilots Oy||2718776-8||Household services Professional services|
|48||Yango (Yandex Oy)||2541661-9||Transport services|
Reference to the Eurofound classification: Typology | Eurofound (europa.eu) .
*Household services refer to services offered to households. Professional services refer to work that requires professional skills. The Eurofound typology identifies three key sectors of platform work, and this list mainly complies with that classification. Only companies that offer construction and maintenance services have been separated as their own group due to their great number.